Clothing, partial clothing, and implied nudity can all be sexy so plan your clothing items around what your comfort level is. Bring tried and true items you already have and feel beautiful while wearing. If you plan on shopping, make sure you’ve tried the clothing on, moved around, and love it. You will look the sexiest when you feel confident and good inside. Keep in mind, this is ultimately about what you want, what you like, and what you want to see yourself in. Your clothing should reflect your taste and personal style which we will in turn match with our studio sets and props.
Bra and Panties
Most importantly, bring a varied selection of bra and panty sets. Start with basic black and then add colors and patterns. Bras and panties can be photographed alone or paired with any of the other clothing items or accessories you bring. They are also helpful when setting up implied nude poses.
A baby doll nightie, vintage slip, teddy and/or camisole always photograph well. Corsets with thigh high stockings, a garter belt, and heels are super sexy too. We have built our studio to work with all colors as well as various patterns and fabrics. Start simple and grow more extreme from there. Think about what colors look good on you. Maybe even ask your fiance/husband/boyfriend what outfits he likes or what colors he prefers on you — in an unsuspicious way of course!
Everyday clothing such as sheer tops, jeans, shorts, and pajamas can look cute and sexy if photographed properly. A simple white tank top or cami is a must have! An evening gown will add some class. If this is a gift for your fiance/husband/boyfriend, then bring something from his wardrobe. This can be one of his favorite ties, a button down shirt, a sports jersey, recreational gear, or his uniform. Anything that makes the images more personal and sexy to him! It also adds variety to your collection of outfits and will look great in the final book.
You can easily modify the look of your outfit by changing your accessories and moving to a new background. This is especially helpful during our marathons as time is a little more limited. Accessories include jewelry, scarves, hats, stilettos, boots, gloves, fishnets, stockings, garter belts, etc.
Bonus Clothing Tips
1. Focus on quality over quantity. Fewer outfits means less time in the dressing room and more time shooting. Only bring the stuff that really makes you look amazing.
2. Bring your clothing and lingerie on hangers with a garment bag over the top. Don’t stuff it in a duffel! This will reduce wrinkles and fold lines.
3. Clean the bottoms of your shoes (and feet) just in case they appear in a photo.
4. Cut tags and make sure security devices have been removed from new purchases. We have scissors on hand if you forget.
5. Avoid skiing the week before your session! Small minor bruises from everyday activity are easy to remove in post-processing, but large bruises have to be hidden with your clothes.
6. The magic of photoshop stops at tan lines. Schedule your session before you go on a sunny summer vacation. If tan lines are unavoidable, bring clothing that will minimize or cover them.
7. You don’t need to bring 12 outfits to create a calendar. A few basic pieces, accessories, and then a couple outfits to match your favorite months of the year (i.e. Christmas and his birthday) will be enough and we can continue in a relaxed pace.
8. Make sure your mani-pedi is fresh and matches your clothing colors and styles. French tips, golds, and neutral colors look really nice. Avoid bold colors as it will become of the focus of the photo.
9. Opt for lacy, sheer demi cup bras over full coverage t-shirt bras.
10. Finally, come to the session in loose fitting clothes without bras, socks, or panties to prevent dents or lines on your body.
For a Personal Shopping Experience and a 10% discount after you’ve booked your session with us, enjoy Bellefleur Lingerie!
Bellefleur (Fremont) 3504 Fremont Place N www.bellefleurlingerie.com
More Seattle Shopping:
Ann Marie Lingerie (Madison Park/Madrona) 4000 E. Madison www.annmarielingerie.com
Diva Dollz (Pioneer Square) 624 1st Ave www.thedivadollz.com
Nancy Meyer (Downtown) 1318 5th Avenue www.nancymeyer.com
Zovo (U district) 4612 26th Avenue NE www.ZovoLingerie.com
Soma Intimates Pacific Place http://www.soma.com
Victoria’s Secret (Downtown) 600 Pine Street www.victoriassecret.com
www.hipsandcurves.com (plus size lingerie)
[…] What To Wear […]
Thanks all the Shopping Tips and Information you share! Really good post! Keep going!